Pages - Menu

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hit it with the whole load (part 2)

Painting 

This is my color scheme in case you want to replicate it. Whatever colors you use, I recommend some PVA glue mixed into your base coat, to help cement things together. I inject PVA directly into the crevasses around the outcroppings to secure them. I also like to add small stones and model railroad talus to places where shattered rocks will appear in life. This can also be used to reinforce weak joints and seams.
I like to start with a dark base coat ( black , dark brown, I went with black )
I then go up with a heavy laden dry-brush of  50/50 black /grey. I then dry-brush a 25/75 black grey  the a 50/50 grey /white , especially on the top surface. Follow this up 25/75 grey /white light dry-brush. Bits of lichen,clump foliage ,and or flock can added, especially to the edges which are less visually impressive than the upper surface.


Hope you enjoy

And for my 40k friends ....

No comments:

Post a Comment